Furnace repair calls are the last thing anyone wants to make. Not only can it be time consuming, but some furnace repairs can be quite costly! Able Appliance is the furnace repair company you can trust when you need professional help, but we’ve got some maintenance tips that might save you from making a call in the first place.
Regular furnace maintenance is important to keep your heater running efficiently and safely. Here are some common furnace maintenance tasks you should do throughout the year to avoid the furnace repair call:
- Change the air filter: This should be done at least once every three months, or more often if you have pets or allergies. A dirty air filter can reduce airflow and put strain on your furnace, reducing its efficiency and causing it to break down more frequently.
- Clean the furnace: Use a vacuum to clean the exterior of the furnace, and a brush to clean the burners and the blower. This will help improve air flow and prevent build-up of dust and dirt.
- Inspect the ductwork: Check the ducts for leaks, and repair any that you find. Leaks in the ductwork can also reduce the effectiveness of your furnace and increase your energy bills.
- Check the pilot light: If the pilot light goes out, the furnace won’t work. Check it regularly to make sure it’s lit and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to relight it if it goes out.
- Test the safety switch: Most furnaces have a safety switch that will shut the furnace off if it overheats. Test this switch regularly to make sure it’s working properly.
- Hire a professional: Have a professional heating and cooling technician from Able Appliance inspect and service your furnace at least once a year. They can check for any potential problems, clean, and calibrate the burners, and make any necessary repairs.
By performing these simple maintenance tasks regularly, you can help extend the life of your furnace, ensure that it runs safely, and avoid an unnecessary furnace repair call. It’s also important to keep in mind that if you have your thermostat set for only one temperature, it keeps the furnace working overtime, all the time. By giving your furnace a break at night or during the day, you’re prolonging the life of your furnace and even saving yourself more money on repairs in the long run.
Established in 1983, our family owned company will do our best to take care of all your heating and furnace repair service needs. We service most major brands, including GE, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more – check out our list to see all the brands we service! Furnace repair in-home service calls are free with your repair! We service the metro region areas of Independence, Lee’s Summit, and Blue Springs. Call one of our locations or contact us online today for all your furnace repair needs – we look forward to helping you stay warm!Tags: able appliance repair, appliance repairs, furnace repair, repairs, service, tips