When you need an ice maker repair, call Able Appliance Repair today! An ice maker repair may seem daunting, but with the help of the professionals at Able Appliance Repair, you can rest assured that you are in good hands! Our quality technicians are readily available to help get your ice maker repair done and back in working order so you can go about your day.
Don’t use plastic ice trays if you need an ice maker repair. Ice makers aren’t a closed system, unlike refrigerators, which are only connected to electricity, and not like grills connected to a non-corrosive fuel source that is eliminated during the process. Instead, ice makers are more like dishwashers, which are connected to an ongoing water supply, meaning you’ll find that most of the problems with ice makers are caused by water. An ice maker may require repair for various reasons. Here are some common issues that may necessitate ice maker repair:
- No Ice Production: If your ice maker is not producing any ice, there could be an issue with the water supply, the water inlet valve, or the ice maker itself.
- Insufficient Ice Production: If the ice maker is not producing enough ice, it may be due to issues with the water pressure, temperature settings, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Ice Cubes are Too Small or Too Large: Size issues with the ice cubes may indicate problems with the water inlet valve, the water pressure, or the ice maker module.
- Ice Tastes or Smells Strange: Unpleasant odors or tastes in the ice could result from contaminants in the water supply, a dirty ice maker, or a malfunctioning water filter.
- Leaking Water: If you notice water leaking from the ice maker, it could be due to a damaged or clogged water inlet valve, a faulty water line, or issues with the ice maker assembly.
- Ice Maker is Noisy: Unusual noises, such as grinding or clicking sounds, may indicate a problem with the motor, gears, or other mechanical components.
- Ice Bin Overflows or Won’t Empty: If the ice bin overflows, it might be due to an issue with the ice maker’s sensor or controls. On the other hand, if the ice doesn’t dispense, there may be a problem with the dispenser motor or auger.
- Ice Maker Won’t Turn On: A lack of power or issues with the electrical components could be the cause if the ice maker won’t turn on.
- Frost or Ice Buildup: Excessive frost or ice buildup inside the ice maker could indicate a faulty defrost system, a defective door gasket, or problems with the temperature controls.
- Faulty Thermostat: If the thermostat is not functioning correctly, it may lead to temperature-related issues, affecting ice production.
Contact us to schedule a service call to help address any issues you may have with your ice maker. Our quality technicians are readily available to help get your ice maker repair done and back in working order so you can go about your day. Our technicians specialize in brands like Kenmore, Sears, Whirlpool ice makers, and other major brands. We service the areas of North Kansas City, Liberty, Gladstone, Platte Woods, Weatherby Lake, Independence, Leawood, Prairie Village, Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park, Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit, and many more. We guarantee our work and look forward to being your dependable ice maker repair company.Tags: able appliance repair, appliance repairs, ice maker, ice maker repair, repairs, service, tips