If you need an ice maker repair for your ice machine, don’t resort to ice trays – call the professionals! There is nothing worse than having a broken ice maker. For any ice maker repair – call Able Appliance Repair today! We can take the headache away and restore your ice maker to its working order.
We’ve seen it all when it comes to repairing ice makers in and around the Kansas City area. Ice makers aren’t a closed system, unlike refrigerators, which are only connected to electricity, and not like grills connected to a non-corrosive fuel source that is eliminated during the process. Instead, ice makers are more like dishwashers, which are connected to an ongoing water supply, meaning you’ll find that most of the problems with ice makers are caused by water. If you’re experiencing issues that might need an ice maker repair, here are some general troubleshooting steps you can take:
· Check the power supply: Ensure the ice maker is correctly connected to a functioning power outlet. If it’s plugged in but not turning on, try plugging in another device to see if the outlet works.
· Check the water supply: Ensure the water supply to the ice maker is turned on, and the water line is not kinked or blocked. If the water supply seems okay, move on to the next step.
· Clean the ice maker: Over time, mineral deposits or ice buildup can hinder the proper functioning of the ice maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to clean the ice maker thoroughly. This may involve removing any ice, wiping down the interior, and cleaning the water inlet valve.
· Check the water inlet valve: The valve controls water flow into the ice maker. If it’s faulty, the ice maker may not receive water. Consult your ice maker’s manual to locate the valve and check for any signs of damage. If necessary, replace the valve.
· Inspect the ice maker’s components: Look for any visible signs of damage or malfunctioning parts. Check the ice maker’s motor, gears, and other moving parts. It may need to be replaced if anything appears broken or worn out. Contact the manufacturer or a professional technician for assistance with replacement parts.
· Reset the ice maker: Some ice makers have a reset button or switch. Refer to the user manual to locate the reset option and follow the instructions to reset the ice maker.
· Contact a professional technician: If you’ve tried the above steps and your ice maker still isn’t working correctly, it may be time to seek professional help.
Contact us today to schedule an ice maker repair service appointment in North Kansas City, Liberty, Gladstone, Platte Woods, Weatherby Lake, Independence, Leawood, Prairie Village, Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park, Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit, and many more areas. Able Appliance has been serving the area for over 40 years, and we pride ourselves on our service and technician expertise. Our service call is FREE with a repair! We guarantee our work and enjoy being your dependable ice maker repair company.Tags: able appliance repair, appliance repairs, ice maker repair, repairs, service, tips