Refrigerator repair might be what we’re known best for – but here at Able Appliance, we also love to educate! A refrigerator is a staple item in everyone’s home; without it, there would be serious issues. Not everyone knows all the bells and whistles that come with these high-tech refrigerators. Let the experts at Able Appliance be your go-to refrigerator repair experts and the source of new knowledge!
Able Appliance has provided in-home refrigerator repair services in the greater Kansas City area since 1983. We also have lots of information to spread around too! Using a crisper drawer in a refrigerator correctly can help you store fruits and vegetables in optimal conditions to keep them fresh and extend their shelf life. Here’s how to use a crisper drawer effectively:
· Understand the Settings: Some refrigerators have multiple crisper drawers with adjustable humidity settings; these control the amount of moisture retained in the drawers. High humidity is suitable for vegetables, while low humidity is ideal for fruits.
· Sort Your Produce: Divide your produce into two categories – fruits and vegetables. This separation helps you utilize the humidity settings effectively.
· High Humidity Drawer (Vegetables): Place leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and other vegetables that wilt quickly in the high humidity drawer. You can also place a damp paper towel in the drawer to maintain moisture.
· Low Humidity Drawer (Fruits): Store fruits like apples, berries, grapes, citrus, and other ethylene-producing fruits in the low humidity drawer.
· Proper Packaging: Keep fruits and vegetables in their original packaging or plastic bags with tiny holes for proper air circulation.
· Keep It Organized: Avoid overcrowding the crisper drawer, which can hinder air circulation and lead to uneven cooling.
· Regular Cleaning: Clean the crisper drawer and its contents to prevent mold and bacterial growth. Remove any spoiled or rotting produce promptly to prevent it from affecting other items.
· Ethylene Management: Ethylene is a natural gas produced by certain fruits that can cause other fruits and vegetables to ripen or spoil quickly. Keep ethylene-producing fruits (like apples, bananas, and tomatoes) away from ethylene-sensitive items (like lettuce and broccoli).
When faced with any refrigerator issue, it’s recommended to consult a professional refrigerator repair technician to diagnose and address the problem effectively. If you’re experiencing any issues – call Able Appliance today! Able Appliance Repair services all major brands and the entire metro area, including North Kansas City, Liberty, Gladstone, Platte Woods, Weatherby Lake, Independence, Leawood, Prairie Village, Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park, Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit, and many more. Contact Able Appliance for expert refrigerator repair services today!Tags: able appliance repair, appliance repairs, refrigerator repairs, repairs, service, tips