Don’t wait if you need a garbage disposal repair. Dishes are inevitably a daily thing no matter what kind of household you have, so when you’re doing dishes and your sink is backing up it can be irritating. The professionals at Able Appliance can help with any garbage disposal repair you might need, especially when its interfering with your daily life.
There could be many reasons why your sink is backing up, some of these including:
- Clogged drain: A buildup of grease, hair, soap, and other debris can cause a blockage in the drain.
- Clogged P-trap: The P-trap is the U-shaped pipe under the sink. Debris can build up in the P-trap and cause a blockage.
- Clogged garbage disposal: If you have a garbage disposal, it can become clogged with food waste, leading to a backup in the sink.
- Clogged sewer line: If the blockage is not in the sink or disposal, it may be in the sewer line. This can be caused by tree roots, grease, or other debris.
- Broken pipes: If the pipes under the sink are broken or damaged, they may be causing the backup.
One of the more common reasons is usually a garbage disposal issue. This means you’ll need to call a professional garbage disposal repair company to help. Every appliance is always going to need to be treated regularly, but you need to be treating your garbage disposal the most, and it depends mostly on how much the disposal is being used. Some people may need to utilize maintenance tips more often that others if you use your garbage disposal more often than others. Here are some basic tips to follow to keep your garbage disposal in good condition and save you a garbage disposal repair call:
- When you know the garbage disposal has finished grinding the waste, instead of turning it off, leave the garbage disposal and the water running for an extra minute. This will make sure that the food has been flushed out the drainpipe. This will also prevent clogs and make sure that no more food has been left behind.
- Because the garbage disposal isn’t very big, and the motor and blades aren’t very powerful, you should cut your food and waste into smaller pieces. Not only should you cut your food into smaller pieces, but you should also think about putting less waste in the garbage disposal at one time. This will keep your disposal in good shape for a longer amount of time.
- You should be running your garbage disposal, with water, regularly. You should be doing this every few days or so, even if you don’t have anything in your garbage disposal, it is still very important. This is an important step because your disposal can freeze, rust or corrode, which leads to odors and clogs if there is any leftover food in the disposal.
- When running your garbage disposal, it is very important that cold water is being used, not hot water. Hot water is great to use while cleaning things, but it isn’t great on garbage disposals. Using hot water during the run of your garbage disposal will let waste stick to the sides, while cold water hardens the food. The cold water makes it easier for the garbage disposal to grind up the food and push it out of the drainpipe.
Able Appliance Repair started out in 1983 with only one technician and we have now expanded to a family of twenty-one. We have been repairing and servicing garbage disposals in the Kansas City area for over 30 years and we pride ourselves on our service and technician expertise. We guarantee our work and look forward to being your dependable appliance repair company! We service the Kansas City metro region including North Kansas City, Liberty, Gladstone, Platte Woods, Weatherby Lake, Independence, Leawood, Prairie Village, Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park, Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit and many more. Contact Able Appliance today for your garbage disposal repair needs.Tags: able appliance repair, appliance repairs, garbage disposal repair, repairs, service, tips